Does your child have a hard time getting focused to tackle their homework? Does he or she procrastinate a lot before getting settled?
As a parent, it's important to get your child engaged and to make homework feel less like a chore.
Here are five tips on how to help your child with their homework:
- Have your child start their homework within 30 minutes of arriving home from school.
- Give your child a snack of protein and complex carbohydrates before getting started or to nibble on while he completes their homework.
- Set a timer for 45 minutes and have your child get to work on the toughest subject first.
- Make sure all of the supplies your child needs are within arm's reach of their study space.
- Limit the distractions. Keep the TV off and the noise level low so your child will not be distracted by what others are doing.
Using these 5 tips will help your child with their homework and show that you are interested in the work they do at school.